For using FaramPhone, the following are software and hardware requirements.
FaramPhone can run over the following operation systems:
- Windows 2000
- Windows 2003 server
- Windows XP, Windows XP MCE
- Windows Vista
With the OS installed in the machine, you should have the below hardware before you can use FaramPhone:
- A network card which can have a IP connection to a network.
- Video Cam
Note: Without video cam, you can’t transfer the video of your side to the remote side, but you still can make AV call. The video will be a picture indicating that “No camera” on the remote side.
To use FaramPhone, a network is mandatory for you can talk with others. The below are the different cases of network environment you may use:
- NGN, 3G IMS network, you can get an account from the service provider.
- A simple SIP network, you can get an account from the network administrator.
- An IP-PBX (Need Support SIP) enterprise network, you can get account information from the network administrator.
- If you don’t have above network but you can access internet, you can use the public SIP server such as fwd.pulver.com which is powered by freeworlddialup.
- If you use it in a small private network, then you can use the IP address to call your destination, that’s just for the person with necessary technical knowledge. For example, an software engineer does some service test using FaramPhone in private network.
If you get the above account information, you can refer to Configure User Account Infomation
or FaramPhone user guide to configure the FaramPhone to access your network.